Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yea Beach!

Today we spent most of the day at the beach. As Eva said about 100 times, "Yea beach!"




She loved carrying the noodles down to the beach (I mean the float type not the spaghetti kind).







Eva is becoming quite the swimmer. However, as my mother has said, "She is the most oral child I have ever seen." She swims, she drinks the water, she swims, she licks the water. GROSS! I keep trying to show her how much stuff floats in a lake. There are fish, there is grass, there are bugs (there is likely bug crap as well but I can't say crap so I mention that fish and bugs go poo)! And still she drinks the damn water - actually I suppose I should say that she drinks the dam water (since it isn't really a lake it is a dam)! Not sure if fish poo is harmful but I hope not!! I even brought juice boxes to the beach (they are not good ways to drink at home since sometimes she squeezes them)! And still we drink the dam water!!!


Eva was watching the other kids swimming very intently and got braver and braver as she watched the older kids in the water. So many of the kids up here are so good with her. If she starts to get upset and seems like she is having trouble swimming where she wants to go, they lead her back to shore. They play with her in the sand. So cute!

1 comment:

Danalisa said...

sounds like you are really enjoying your time at the lake..that's so great!! I am LMAO at the drinking of the poo. LOL