Thursday, July 10, 2008

Steven Seagull

Ok, anyone who is reading this blog probably knows me well enough to know that I am not so much into birds. Ok, actually they terrify me. So the other day we are sitting out on the deck at the lake house and enjoying the peacefulness and watching the lake go by and all of a sudden I see this bird take off from the forsythia (sp?) bush nearby and start flying directly toward my face. He has this look on his face like he is on a mission and he is flying directly towards me! So, I do what any normal person would do - I scream and duck! So my Mom starts laughing at me and saying - what is wrong with you it is just a bird. To which I replied that he was "Charles Bronson bird" - meaning he had a death wish. But then I realized that he was the aggressOR so I decided to rename him Steven Segal - except since he is a bird he is Steven Seagull. (Yes, I am aware that it is a bit crazy to fear creatures that much smaller than me, but that is why they call it a phobia! And yes I also know all about exposure therapy and the like, but I am perfectly happy being terrified of birds!)

No comments: