Thursday, November 5, 2009

Griping about Gripe

I think I understand why they call it "Gripe Water." Because when your child is in pain and won't stop screaming for hours during the day, all you do is complain....thus "gripe." I feel terrible that Stella is getting awful gas pains and her belly is distended a lot of the time. Today I went out and got gripe water and a "Colic pad" - even though when I read the description of colic I am not sure that is her issue since she is better at night, not worse. Who knows....I still wish that with the afterbirth came a pamphlet with Do's and Don'ts specific to this particular kid!

A colic pad is a weird looking flat thing that is supposed to stimulate a massage movement and makes white noise to calm the baby. Figure I will try it once if the gripe water doesn't work and then if I think the colic pad is all hype, I will just return it. Definitely don't need to be keeping a $35 pad that doesn't work. Who knows, though - maybe I will think it is God's gift to screaming Stella.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Danalisa said...

like the new look..but change the font...too hard to read! haha