Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Terrible is Most Definitely Not Descriptive Enough

Why do they call this age the terrible two's? I am thinking horrific, repulsive, repugnant, supremely aggravating or perhaps more specifically, "tantrumrific" (my own invention) are more appropriate adjectives to describe this age or should I say "stage" since it seems like she is on one whenever we go anywhere. Oh yeah, we get stared at a lot lately.

But yet, whenever I tell people that I have a two year-old child they say (while smiling), "Oh, that is the best age." I am starting to think that they have either blocked this age out or that they are being paid by a cult of two year-olds to say that.

Perhaps I am jaded by the fact that we have not gotten through a day in the past week without at least one tantrum. And Eva tantrums the way that Olympic athletes train - for a long friggin time! This morning she had a 40 minute one. Remind me to offer the babysitter a raise!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh how I have missed you!
Glad you are back.

Danalisa said...

Glad you are back!! I love your funny stories. =) I totally hear you on the tantrums! We are not going to eat out again until Owen turns 7 maybe 17. LOL Going to be a lot of take-out around the Gotz house. LOL During one long tantrum I actually found myself yelling just to startle him to stop crying! LOL It worked for about 5 min. haha I'm very mature. haha

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Your comment about the cult of 2 year olds had me laugh out loud at work! Hope all is well.