Wednesday, January 28, 2009

HeadACHE!

Snow days are definitely not as exciting when you are sick. Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and went to the doctor after being exhausted for at least a week and suffering from intermittent headaches that made me think I might have a sinus infection. Several blood tests, a urine sample and an x-ray later, the verdict was that I have clogged sinuses (one side is nearly completely clogged). So home I went with an antibiotic, a decongestant and a shot of cortisone in an area I generally reserve for exit only. This morning I woke up still feeling like I had been hit by a bus but hopeful that I was on the mend. And the icing was that I had a snow day and therefore didn't have to take a sick day. And then....the headache from H E double L! Literally the second worst headache I have ever had in my life (first being when my blood pressure was 200 over 104 the day before I had Eva). I was writhing around and crying in pain today and called the doctor to find out if what I was experiencing could be attributed to the clogged sinuses or not. I finally determined that I should take my mom up on her offer to drive me back there to be looked at again. My cousin (whose practice I go to) was thankfully there today and decided it could have been one of a few things. It might have been the shot of cortisone that I developed a reaction to or the combination of that and the Allegra D that I took today or, and hopefully not, it could be something more sinister. So tomorrow I have an appointment for an MRA (a sort of combination between a CAT scan and an MRI) that looks specifically at the blood vessels in my head to ensure that there are no anneurisms or any other scary thing. I am sure it will be fine, but it is better to be safe than sorry. I will update tomorrow when I know more.

1 comment:

Danalisa said...

OMG...hope everything is ok. Will look for your update later. Sending healthy vibes. =)