Saturday, August 2, 2008

R.I.P. Nuk

Ding dong the nuk is dead! Eva has been chewing on her nuk (pacifier) for the past few weeks to the point that they are getting holes and I have to keep throwing them away. Finally, thanks in part to an e-mail from my best friend suggesting ways to get rid of the pacifier, I decided that it was time for nuk to go. So when Eva chewed a hole in her nuk this time I cut the rest of it off with a scissor to finish it off. She kept saying, "Nuk brope." Yes, nuk broke. So then I gave her options about what to do with it. After asking my parents and I to fix it about 1000 times she finally took the end I cut off and threw it in the trash. Then she kept trying to suck the end with the plastic ring but it was too short and kept falling out of her mouth. I told her that nuk could not be fixed and asked her if we should bury it and have a special ceremony to say goodbye. "Yuh." So outside we went to bury nuk in the dirt near the side of the house. First she seemed ok, but then she had a full on freak out tantrum next to the house. Tonight should be interesting but we are hoping for sleep!

1 comment:

Danalisa said...

Oh gosh!! I wish you luck...we'll be joining you in the nuk-free land soon. It's cute she wanted to bury it. LOL