Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Recent Eva-Isms

Eva: "I want macaroni and cheese."
Mommy: "If you keep eating macaroni and cheese you are going to become macaroni and cheese."
Eva: "I would love to become macaroni and cheese so that I could eat myself!"

________________________________________

Eva: "Mommy, I'm really snuffy."
Translation: "Snuffy" = "Stuffy"

________________________________________

Radio: "Blah, blah, blah...the tree for Rockefeller Center will be coming from....blah...blah...blah County and will be cut down today and moved to Rockefeller Center. Visitors will begin arriving in throngs....blah, blah."

Eva: "Why are they cutting down the tree?"

Me: "It is tradition."

Eva: "I want to see the tree before they cut it down."

Me: "Um, yeah, that is happening in about an hour and the place they are cutting it down from is about 2 hours away! Sorry, Eva, can't do it."

Eva: "Will the tree die?"

Me: "Um, good question. Eventually, but not before it makes a lot of people very happy."

Eva: "Why does it make people happy for it to die."

Me: "Good question" (Thought to self..."uh oh, are we allowed to get a tree this year?")

No comments: